Full Truckload Shipping
Southstar Logistics can oversee the transport of full truckload cargo shipments from anywhere in the continental United States.
A full truckload, often abbreviated as FTL, refers to a shipment or load that occupies the entire capacity of a truck. It is a term commonly used in the transportation and logistics industry. A full truckload typically means that the entire available space of the truck, both in terms of weight and volume, is utilized by a single shipment.CONTACT US
Maximize Shipping value
By maximizing the use of truck capacity, full truckload shipments are often more cost-effective compared to LTL shipments on a per-unit basis. They also tend to be faster and involve fewer handling and transfer points, reducing the risk of damage or loss during transit.
Full truckload shipments are often considered cost-effective for several reasons:
- Economies of Scale: With a full truckload, the entire capacity of the truck is utilized, maximizing the use of available space. This allows for efficient transportation of a large volume of goods in a single shipment. By consolidating multiple smaller shipments into a single full truckload, companies can take advantage of economies of scale and reduce the cost per unit of transportation.
- Reduced Handling and Transfers: Full truckload shipments typically involve fewer handling and transfer points compared to less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments. This reduces the risk of damage or loss during transit, as there is less need for loading and unloading at various points along the transportation route. Fewer handoffs also result in faster transit times and improved overall efficiency.
- Lower Administrative Costs: Full truckload shipments require less administrative effort compared to managing multiple LTL shipments. Dealing with a single shipment, rather than multiple smaller ones, reduces the paperwork, communication, and coordination required. This can lead to lower administrative costs and streamline the logistics process.
- Reduced Freight Classifications: In some cases, full truckload shipments may be subject to simpler and less costly freight classifications. LTL shipments, on the other hand, often involve more complex rating systems, as they may include various types of cargo from multiple shippers. Simplified freight classifications can contribute to cost savings for full truckload shipments.
- Dedicated Transportation: Full truckload shipments provide a dedicated transportation service, where the entire truck is reserved for a single shipment. This allows for greater control and flexibility in scheduling, pickup, and delivery. Dedicated transportation can result in faster transit times, reduced risk of delays, and improved customer satisfaction.
Why Choose Southstar Logistics for your Full Truckloads?
- 53′ Dry Van Equipment
- All Company Drivers — No Owner Operators
- Solo and Team Drivers w Newer Model Trucks &Trailers
- Dedicated Availability
- Truckload, Blanket Wrap & High Value Cargo
- AI-Driven Safety Monitoring for drivers
- Expedited Transit Times
- Nationwide GPS Tracking and Automated Check Calls
- 24/7/365 Dispatch, Breakdown Assistance and Customer Service
- Experience Load Planners, Fleet Managers & Dispatchers
- Nationwide Network of Terminals and Yards
- Covering all 48 Continental United States and Canada with Best-In-Class Carrier Services